Work for us
Customer Services Manager for our sister company Yogacampus
Our sister company Yogacampus is looking for a vibrant and yoga loving Customer Services Manager to work with one of the UK’s leading yoga education organisations, offering yoga teacher training, yoga therapy training and a range of other yoga events.
This exciting role will manage customer services, online bookings and provide administrative support for our yoga events and teacher training courses. The team also comprises of a Teacher Training and Events Manager, to whom you will report, and the Director of Yogacampus.
Yogacampus’ roster of yoga educational courses is growing rapidly both inside and outside London and we are looking for a dynamic individual who can grow with the business. The position is based at the Yogacampus office in London W2. This is a full time role where you may also very occasionally be required to work on weekend days and / or outside London. Starting salary will be £24,500 plus discretionary bonus. The role also has the benefit of free classes at the two branches of The Life Centre, in Notting Hill and Islington, as well as substantial discounts on most Yogacampus events.
Customer Services Manager responsibilities:
- Being the primary point of contact for Yogacampus bookings and enquiries, responding promptly and efficiently to telephone and email enquiries.
- Managing bookings for events, short courses including dealing with payment issues, cancellations, refunds and manual bookings when necessary.
- Monitoring bookings, payments (when applicable) and reminders for Diploma related events including: Yoga Therapy Clinic, Teacher Trainee Life Centre Classes and Diploma Final Assessment bookings.
- Monitoring customer account balances on accounting systems and maintaining credit control for event, specialist course bookings.
- Maintaining student administration for Yoga Teacher Training and Yoga Therapy Diplomas.
- Preparation of event posters and marketing literature.
- Administration for yoga workshops, intensives and specialist courses, including marking attendance and preparation of event materials, course work and certificates when necessary.
- Orientating office volunteers when needed.
- Generally providing assistance to the Teacher Training and Events Manager and the Yogacampus Director.
Skills and experience required – Essential:
- Excellent written and spoken English and good numerical skills
- Be a keen team player with excellent communication skills and an ability to build lasting relationships with our training providers and students
- To derive joy from maintaining efficient administrative and organisational systems, and have a keen eye for detail
- Have the ability to remain calm when under pressure and to manage tight deadlines when necessary
- Experience dealing with customer enquiries
- Proven IT and computer skills with an ability to learn new systems easily. We use the Microsoft office suite of programmes so you should have a working knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Passionate about Yoga
Other skills that would be useful include:
- Confidence working with content management and online booking systems
- Experience in Marketing (of events or otherwise)
- Skills in desktop publishing / Photoshop
- Experience working with social media
Please email your CV together with a covering letter explaining why you believe you are suitable for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th of December 2013. Interviews will be held on the 6th to 8th of January 2014.
Karma Yoga - Flyering Volunteers
We are always looking for help to hand out postcards at tube stations / local shops and businesses and also to leaflet drop in residential houses. Leafleting sessions are arranged in 2 to 3 hour "chunks" and a free Life Centre class is offered for each 1 hour worked. Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this opportunity.
Karma Yoga - Voluntary Positions
If you have some spare hours and would like to help out in our Queensway based office or in our centres then please get in touch. As a thank you for your help we offer free Life Centre classes.
If you are interested in helping at our Queensway office or Notting Hill centre please email email@example.com
If you are interested in helping at our Islington centre please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet the Teachers
How meditation changed Mimi’s life
From first discovering yoga in 1995 to her present life studying an MA in Traditions of Yoga and Meditation, Mimi Kuo-Deemer shares how yoga restored her to full health and happiness, and why she couldn’t live without daily meditation.
Fundraising Evening for Hackney Yoga Project
With Melanie, Norman, Sarah, Lisa & Anne
Join us for a very special evening of one-off yoga events in aid of Hackney Yoga Project*, and share the festive spirit with those who need it most this season. Each ticket sold is enough to sponsor a whole term of transformative yoga for someone else less advantaged.
Take your pick from a choice of multi-teacher charity masterclasses and experience a unique fusion of yoga styles, led by an inspiring duo of Life Centre favourites.
Oasis of Sound: A Journey into the Heart of Sound
With Anne Malone
Join Anne every second Friday of the month for a sound bath to sooth you into your weekend.
Rejuvenate After Christmas: A Jivamukti Day Retreat
With Emma Henry
Join Advanced Certified Jivamukti teacher Emma for a day retreat, where we will delve into classical yoga teachings that inform our life both on and off the mat, supported by chanting, breath awareness, flowing vinyasa sequences, hands-on assistance, relaxation and meditation.
Saturday Beginners Yoga Course: 6 Weeks
With Rebekah Hay-Brown
This 6-week course introduces the classic body of yoga postures (asanas) and basic sequences, including sun salutations.
Relax and Restore: Guided Relaxation for the Restless Mind
With Adelene Cheong
We depend on our senses for information… to respond, to defend, to enjoy, to interact or to simply carry out daily life. When the mind is being continuously bombarded with information, one may feel restless, agitated, unsettled, etc. Would ‘rest’ be the answer?
Lighting the Inner Fire: A New Year Workshop
With Graham Burns
Like fire, yoga has the power to transform. And from ancient times, fire has played a huge symbolic role in yoga.
Unwinding Feet, Knees, and Hips: A Body Rolling Workshop
With Leila Sadeghee
We may have noticed our tight hamstrings, and our achey knees or bound hips, but how often do we look to the feet for the solution? Hidden away in shoes for most of our lives, it’s easy to overlook these vital keys to our ease of movement.