As we are running through the Pitta season, heat is increased within the body. We all need to be aware of our diet, as well as lifestyle throughout this season, especially if there is a Pitta imbalance in our constitution. Regardless of our dosha (constitution), we can all improve our health and cool down our system, using diet, Yoga and mindful life choices such as:
- Drink more water, aloe vera and coconut water. Minimise alcohol, caffeine and black tea.
- Take regular showers using moderate water temperature.
- Avoid ice creams, icy drinks and anything that will cause the body to adjust it’s temperature fast.
- Remember that digestion is slower when there is heat in the body and we increase the intake of cold drinks/food.
- Adjust your yoga practice: try restorative, slow vinyasa and yoga nidra.
- Use Pitta oil for a self practice massage twice a day, early in the morning and before going to sleep.
- Meditation is the key. When ever you find your body & mind foggy and frustrated, focus on the breath.
- Ayurvedic Full Body Massage Abhyanga, Head & Face and Udvartana (exfoliation) massage are ideal during this period.
Slowing down embraces stillness and mindfulness, try to listen to your body and mind a bit more and the rest will follow!
View Xenia’s therapy schedule.