The Life Centre offers yoga and pilates classes 7 days per week at our London centres in Notting Hill and Islington.
All of our classes are bookable online and available for drop-in too.
1 Britannia Row
London N1 8QH
020 7704 0919
Saturday: 08.30–19:00 (unless there is an evening workshop taking place)
Britannia Row is situated just off Essex Road in the heart of Islington. The nearest transport links are Essex Road (Overground) which is 5 minutes’ walk, Angel (Northern Line) which is 10 minutes’ walk, and Highbury & Islington (Victoria Line) which is 10-15 minutes’ walk. King’s Cross is only 10 minutes by bus on routes 73 and 476. Old Street is 15 minutes by bus on route 271.
Directions by Tube & Rail
Please check Transport for London for up to the minute travel information.
From Essex Road – Overground
- Turn right out of the station onto Essex Road.
- Follow Essex Road then turn left into Britannia Row.
- The Life Centre Islington is the first brick-fronted building on the left side of Britannia Row.
From Angel – Northern Line
- After the ticket barriers exit straight ahead onto Upper Street (passing RBS and Camden Passage).
- Continue along Upper Street before turning right onto Islington Green.
- Continue forward until Islington Green becomes Essex Road.
- Turn right (after Planet Organic) into Britannia Row. The Life Centre Islington is the first brick-fronted building on the left side of Britannia Row.
From Highbury & Islington – Victoria Line and Overground
- Turn right out of the station then right again onto Upper Street.
- Turn left into Cross Street.
- Turn right onto Essex Road.
- Turn left into Britannia Row. The Life Centre Islington is the first brick-fronted building on the left side of Britannia Row.
Directions by Bus
The Life Centre Islington is a few yards down Britannia Row from its junction with Essex Road. Essex Road is on many major bus routes, including routes 38, 56, 73, 271, 341 and 476.
Please note that during weekdays and on Saturday, parking in Islington is restricted. In the evenings and on Sunday, parking is available on adjacent streets to the Centre on single yellow lines.
There is limited Pay and Display parking on Essex Road, in Britannia Row and on some other surrounding streets, with prices ranging from £2.40 to £4.80 per hour, depending on location. Pay and Display does not operate after 1.30pm on Saturday or at all on Sunday.
There are private car parks eight minutes’ walk away, next to the Business Design Center on Upper Street. The N1 Centre’s car park is situated in Parkfield Street, just off Upper Street (and is accessed via Berners Road) where disabled parking is available. Private parking costs from £1.50 off-peak at N1 to £3 standard, but do check current prices before you park.
There are bicycle racks provided on Essex Road, just past Planet Organic (please note that The Life Centre cannot accept responsibility for any loss of, or damage to, bicycles).
Falling With Grace
With Amy Slevin
Want to do headstands, handstands and forearm balances but are too afraid? Want to know what to do if you fall? What if there was a workshop that could teach you how to fall without it being a big deal?
With Tanja Mickwitz
Join Tanja a special Mythical Flow workshop combining inspirational story-telling of the Indian myths with a creative vinyasa practice and ending with a long, deep savasana to fully relax.